email: dmrun2hot@gmail.com Facebook: DrewMiller TheLongroadhome Ways to Donate: 1. Cash- I have an account set up at FNB in Spencer for cash donations. Just tell the teller it's for Andrew Miller's WWP account. 2.Checks- Make checks out to the Wounded Warrior Project and either give them to my dad or sister in town, or mail them to 527 Church St., Spencer, WV 25276. I have a form that has to be filled out and sent in with each check. 3. Online Donations Page- I have an online donations page link on the right side of this blog. Simply click the link, and you can donate online.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 125: Last Full Day in Illinois.

Gettin' really excited about the last stretch of this trip!! Today was the last full day of running in Illinois. I'll be hitting Indiana bout halfway through tomorrow's run. I'm finding it nearly impossible to contain my excitement daily. I still try to fight it and focus on each day, but I think, at some point, I'm just going to stop fighting it and just be excited all the time. That will probably happen by the time I hit Kentucky. Finished today at 1,961 miles. Why the extra 1 mile you ask?? Funny, I asked the same thing as I was running the extra mile at the end of the day. Turns out, Mom is very excited to get home as well. So exited, she is adding miles to my run, haha. For some reason, she lost track of the mileage at the end of the day and drove an extra mile down the road. I was quite bewildered when I made it to what I thought was the stopping point for the day and the van was nowhere to be seen. As it is too hot to be carrying my phone, I couldn't call to find out where she was. So, I just kept running, and kept running, and kept running. I thought Mom was just playing some cruel joke on me, but we had a good laugh about it once I recovered. The good thing is, I've got one extra mile to play with in case there is a day I am really struggling. I just hope she doesn't try to sneak anymore in on me. Anyway, all is well out here on the road, and I just can't wait to get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment