email: dmrun2hot@gmail.com Facebook: DrewMiller TheLongroadhome Ways to Donate: 1. Cash- I have an account set up at FNB in Spencer for cash donations. Just tell the teller it's for Andrew Miller's WWP account. 2.Checks- Make checks out to the Wounded Warrior Project and either give them to my dad or sister in town, or mail them to 527 Church St., Spencer, WV 25276. I have a form that has to be filled out and sent in with each check. 3. Online Donations Page- I have an online donations page link on the right side of this blog. Simply click the link, and you can donate online.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 138: Narrow Roads Home.

109 running days finished, 2,180 miles complete. Today, I ran on some of the worst road of the whole trip. I don't think route 460 was meant to accommodate foot traffic. No shoulder whatsoever. In fact, most of the time, the white line was falling off the side of the road. Also, one of the busiest roads I've been on, which made the run extra stressful. Just an estimate, but I nearly got hit by 7 dump trucks, 2 big rigs, 4 school buses, a couple of motorcycles, and a horse and buggy. Ok, the last one didn't really happen, but it would have been hilarious if I had to go ditch diving to avoid an Amish Earnhardt. Made it about 4 miles east of Georgetown, KY, for anyone still following the route. In just 7 running days, my eyes will gaze upon that beautiful "Wild, Wonderful West Virginia" sign for the first time in 5 months!! To say I'm excited about this would be a major understatement. I think Mom has officially gone into shutdown mode for the trip. She is past ready to get home, I believe. Got a day off tomorrow, looking forward to getting fully recovered and full on some epic breakfast feasting. By the way, I was running for Bret Powell today. Got the video loaded on facebook, but this blogsite apparently has also gone on shutdown mode for the trip. Won't let me load videos. Oh well, we may all limp into Spencer by the end, but at least we will make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment