email: dmrun2hot@gmail.com Facebook: DrewMiller TheLongroadhome Ways to Donate: 1. Cash- I have an account set up at FNB in Spencer for cash donations. Just tell the teller it's for Andrew Miller's WWP account. 2.Checks- Make checks out to the Wounded Warrior Project and either give them to my dad or sister in town, or mail them to 527 Church St., Spencer, WV 25276. I have a form that has to be filled out and sent in with each check. 3. Online Donations Page- I have an online donations page link on the right side of this blog. Simply click the link, and you can donate online.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Day 136: The Start of Horse Country.

What a beautiful run today! I got just a taste of the immaculate homes and land that horse money can buy. Absolutely stunning. Another perfect weather day gave me the opportunity to enjoy the scenery. I've also been able to nearly fully recover after each run the past few days, and I am finally getting back to almost normal after the 7 week heatwave. I have now completely abandoned any thoughts of being able to block out the excitement of home, as I get closer and closer. At the end of this set, in two days, we will be just north of Lexington, Kentucky, a mere 130 miles from West Virginia!! Mom and I have been so fortunate to get to stay with Mike and Debbie Jones the last 4 nights. They have treated us so well, we almost feel like we are home already, haha. Home cooked meals, comfortable beds, a huge TV, etc. I'm going to have trouble leaving here. The good thing is, tomorrow, we will drive forward to Lexington after the run to meet up with Toby Ford's brother, Keith. We will be staying with Keith and his family for the next 4 nights. I swear, we are really getting spoiled at the end of the trip, and I am loving every second of it. I continue to hope for good weather and good health as I am winding down this amazing journey. As always, I look forward to seeing everyone at home in a couple weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Reading this post made me smile. I am happy to hear that you are getting treated so well by kind folks along the way. If Wisconsin was part of your route, we would offer the same to you. Good luck, and keep pushing on!!

    ReplyDelete