email: dmrun2hot@gmail.com Facebook: DrewMiller TheLongroadhome Ways to Donate: 1. Cash- I have an account set up at FNB in Spencer for cash donations. Just tell the teller it's for Andrew Miller's WWP account. 2.Checks- Make checks out to the Wounded Warrior Project and either give them to my dad or sister in town, or mail them to 527 Church St., Spencer, WV 25276. I have a form that has to be filled out and sent in with each check. 3. Online Donations Page- I have an online donations page link on the right side of this blog. Simply click the link, and you can donate online.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day 40: What is this, snow!?

Caught some interesting weather today. The first precipitation of the trip, and it wasn't rain. That's right, it snowed today. In fact, it was nearly a blizzard for about an hour during the afternoon run. It was 45 degrees today with snow. Not something I was expecting in May in Arizona. Of course, at 7,200 feet in the mountains, I guess anything is possible. It was a good run today, despite the weather, and I finished strong. I am about 14 miles west of Springerville, AZ, and about 28 miles from the New Mexico border!! I'm gonna miss Arizona. Met some wonderful people, and had some great views. Although, I will not miss the high altitude running. I'll get about 150 miles of it in New Mexico before I start back down out of the mountains and into more flat geography. Huge thank you to the ladise at the Springerville Subway for the free sub, and it was delicious, haha. Gonna grab a bunch of sleep, its supposed to be a cold one again tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's like "real life", Drew - you never know what you're gonna get! It was an unreal 87 degrees here yesterday with sun all day until evening. Severe storms north, west, and south of us. Charleston was hit hard with winds, hail,and heavy rains (flooding closed CAMC General). I thought about you and wondered what it was like for you on the road...stay strong and, like a great boy scout, always be prepared! :D

    ReplyDelete