email: dmrun2hot@gmail.com Facebook: DrewMiller TheLongroadhome Ways to Donate: 1. Cash- I have an account set up at FNB in Spencer for cash donations. Just tell the teller it's for Andrew Miller's WWP account. 2.Checks- Make checks out to the Wounded Warrior Project and either give them to my dad or sister in town, or mail them to 527 Church St., Spencer, WV 25276. I have a form that has to be filled out and sent in with each check. 3. Online Donations Page- I have an online donations page link on the right side of this blog. Simply click the link, and you can donate online.

Monday, May 16, 2011

Day 46: Conquering the Mountain.

I came, I saw, I ran, I conquered. The mountain. I am very very very happy right now, because I was able to climb to the top, and now I get to slowly navigate my way back down the other side. Let me just say though, the Continental Divide played a cruel joke on me. When I got to the sign, it said 7,796 feet elevation. I thought heck, I'd been worrying myself to death for nothing, this is only a couple hunderd feet higher than the highest elevation I've run so far. Well, about 4 miles down the road, the "other" mountain showed its face. As soon as I saw it, my elation at getting to the Continental Divide went away, and fear struck once again. First, 2 miles uphill, then a flat area, then another mile uphill. I don't quite know what the elevation was at the top of the second mountain, but I can venture to guess about 8,100 feet or so. Thankfully, I had the wind at my back all morning (thanks Brandon), so the uphill just didn't seem as bad. I am now officially 1/3 of the way finished with the journey, 700 miles down after today. I'd write more tonight, but I am simply spent. Hopefully I'll have more energy tomorrow night. For now, I am just very happy to be over the mountain. And the "other" mountain. Night.

2 comments:

  1. Triple A, Drew...Amazing, Awesome, and Astounding!!! I think the realization of what you are accomplishing will not hit you until you are finished and then take a look back at everything. May God continue to bless you on this terrific journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 700 MILES!!??!?! I'm in awe!

    ReplyDelete