email: dmrun2hot@gmail.com Facebook: DrewMiller TheLongroadhome Ways to Donate: 1. Cash- I have an account set up at FNB in Spencer for cash donations. Just tell the teller it's for Andrew Miller's WWP account. 2.Checks- Make checks out to the Wounded Warrior Project and either give them to my dad or sister in town, or mail them to 527 Church St., Spencer, WV 25276. I have a form that has to be filled out and sent in with each check. 3. Online Donations Page- I have an online donations page link on the right side of this blog. Simply click the link, and you can donate online.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Day 55: Meh...

Today was kind of blah. Not bad, not great. Just your average 20 mile run, haha. Felt the effects of the Macho Goucho burger well into the first 12 miiles today. Saw another snake. I'll never stay near one long enough to get a picture, so you'll just have to take my word. It was big, coiled up, and ready to strike. The road right now has absolutely no shoulder, so I nearly stepped on it.  Most of the day, I ran in the left lane and hoped that no vehicles coming from behind would be passing other vehicles in the left lane. If so, I'd be toast. We drove all the way into Vaughn, NM tonight, simply because there wasn't any place between where I stopped and here. Good thing though, cause they have an old fashioned 50's style diner called Peggy's Diner here. I love these old diners. I'll take some pics tomorrow, or Friday, since we'll be staying here the next few nights. Still seems like forever til we get through New Mexico, and there isn't much scenery to enjoy right now, so I have really had to occupy my mind the last few runs to pass the time. Still about 190 miles left before a new state, so hopefully I don't go insane before then. Still looking forward to some lower elevation, because I'm just so tired at the end of each day. Gonna try to get some better sleep tonight, it will help not having the Macho Goucho in my stomach I think. Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment