email: dmrun2hot@gmail.com Facebook: DrewMiller TheLongroadhome Ways to Donate: 1. Cash- I have an account set up at FNB in Spencer for cash donations. Just tell the teller it's for Andrew Miller's WWP account. 2.Checks- Make checks out to the Wounded Warrior Project and either give them to my dad or sister in town, or mail them to 527 Church St., Spencer, WV 25276. I have a form that has to be filled out and sent in with each check. 3. Online Donations Page- I have an online donations page link on the right side of this blog. Simply click the link, and you can donate online.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day 61: Still Going Strong.

That's 6 straight strong running days. The streak is alive and well. I wonder if I have actually talked myself into feeling great during each run, or if I just happen to feel strong right now. I don't care, either way, as long as it continues, haha. I find myself almost giddy with excitement the closer I get to Texas. It's not that I haven't enjoyed New Mexico, quite the opposite actually. I have met many wonderful people in New Mexico, and have seen a bunch of cool things. I am simply excited to get through the longest state on the trip. In the end, I will have run nearly 415 miles in New Mexico. By comparison, Arizona is the second longest at 395 miles, and I will have about 370 miles in Kansas. The excitement in Texas is that I am only in it for 55 miles, and Oklahoma is even shorter than that. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to spend tons of time in both states, but after 415 miles in one state, it will be really cool to knock out 2 more states on the trip in about 6 days. I finished the run today about 30 miles short of Tucumcari, NM, so Mom and I drove ahead to it, and we are staying at a very nice KOA campground. We'll probably stay here tomorrow, Thursday, and Friday night as well. All is well from out west. As Mom was checking in to the campground, a huge RV pulled up behind the van. Out stepped a man in a WVU hat and shirt!! Got to meet Bill McKenzie (yes, the field goal to beat Pitt, Bill McKenzie) and his wife, who live in Parkersburg, and are huge Mountaineer fans!! Its always awesome to see people from West Virginia. Bill was very generous, and donated to my cause, so I wanted to thank him and his wife for their generosity. Other than that, I am still feeling very good. Spirits are high, and physically I feel pretty solid. Check in with you all tomorrow. Night.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy to hear that you had another really good day, Drew, and that you are looking forward to more great days of running. And gotta love that "Mountaineer" pride!

    ReplyDelete