email: dmrun2hot@gmail.com Facebook: DrewMiller TheLongroadhome Ways to Donate: 1. Cash- I have an account set up at FNB in Spencer for cash donations. Just tell the teller it's for Andrew Miller's WWP account. 2.Checks- Make checks out to the Wounded Warrior Project and either give them to my dad or sister in town, or mail them to 527 Church St., Spencer, WV 25276. I have a form that has to be filled out and sent in with each check. 3. Online Donations Page- I have an online donations page link on the right side of this blog. Simply click the link, and you can donate online.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Day 50: This is Easy, haha.

Of course, I am joking. This is not an easy adventure. Quite the opposite, in fact. However, there are some days that seem much easier than others. Today was one of those easy days. It was a day badly needed as well, not only for my body, but for my mental health. The past couple weeks, as anyone who has been following along knows, have been some of the toughest times in my life. I guess in a sick sort of way, I am glad I went through them, because I wanted to test my limits on this journey, and go beyond them. I definitely feel that I have done that to some degree, especially in those few weeks. However, it is also very nice to have days that do not test me so much. Days that feel like Sunday strolls. Today was a bit of a Sunday stroll. I had a lot of energy from the start, and the day just flew by. The weather was very pleasant, although still "jacket weather" haha. Flat road greeted me all day, with a nice gentle 7 mile downhill run to finish the day. Yes, today was almost relaxing. Plus, we crept back into a bit of cell phone service at the end of the run, and I was able to talk to my dad and sister on the phone, and just hearing their voices was such a great feeling. Also got to talk to my buddy, Shawn Black, who I ran for today. It was great to hear from him and know that he was aware of his dedication today. He had me laughing a good bit, and offered some wonderful words of encouragement as well. I will definitely consider today a good one. We drove into Socorro, NM for the evening to shack up once again at a Walmart parking lot. Out of the entire planning process for this trip, I never really envisioned that 80 percent of the time, we'd be sleeping in a Walmart parking lot. Oh well, it has been interesting for sure. Got one more day of lower country tomorrow, and then it's back up into the 7,000 ft elevations for another 4 running days. After that, knock on wood, I will finally get out of the high mountains for the rest of the trip. I miss you all at home very much. See you soon. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment