email: dmrun2hot@gmail.com Facebook: DrewMiller TheLongroadhome Ways to Donate: 1. Cash- I have an account set up at FNB in Spencer for cash donations. Just tell the teller it's for Andrew Miller's WWP account. 2.Checks- Make checks out to the Wounded Warrior Project and either give them to my dad or sister in town, or mail them to 527 Church St., Spencer, WV 25276. I have a form that has to be filled out and sent in with each check. 3. Online Donations Page- I have an online donations page link on the right side of this blog. Simply click the link, and you can donate online.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day 62: I've Seen Fire and I've Seen Rain, almost.

Well, after 62 days out here on the road, still no rain. Not that I'm looking forward to running in the rain, but I was definitely prepared to run in rain today. The forecast for Tucumcari said rain. All day, there were ominous clouds to my right and to my left. I even saw some lightning in the distance. Yet, not one drop of rain fell on me today. It was really odd, because I was certain, due to the look of the sky, that today would be the day. Oh well, we are staring at a huge fire in the distance from the KOA campground. It looks like lightning stuck ground off in the distance, and because it has been unbelievably dry, even for New Mexico, the fire appears to have started immediately. I hope everyone is okay out there, what a crazy scene as we pulled into the campground.
As for the run, I thought early on that today was gonna end the streak. My legs felt like jello the first 4 miles, and it was very hot, and a bit muggy at first. However, my mind took control early today and refused to let the streak end. I got very focused during the second 4 mile stretch, and the energy came back enough to finish the morning strong. The clouds were blocking the sun for the rest of the run after the first 4 miles, and the wind picked up pretty steady. So, after starting a bit shaky, all was well again today, and I'll call that 7 in a row!! Pretty excited about tomorrow, not just because it's the last day in this set, but, if things work out, I may get to see the Tawney sisters tomorrow evening. Brandy and Amie are on their way out to UCLA to drop Amie off at her new job, and they are driving Interstate 40. It would be so great to see them, so hopefully it works out. Got an interview scheduled Friday morning with Chris Russell, who does a podcast on I-Tunes about running. I'll update you all more on it when it's done. Other than that, I'm gonna try and get to sleep early tonight so I'll have tons of energy for tomorrow. Hoping for 8 in a row. Goodnight.

1 comment: