email: dmrun2hot@gmail.com Facebook: DrewMiller TheLongroadhome Ways to Donate: 1. Cash- I have an account set up at FNB in Spencer for cash donations. Just tell the teller it's for Andrew Miller's WWP account. 2.Checks- Make checks out to the Wounded Warrior Project and either give them to my dad or sister in town, or mail them to 527 Church St., Spencer, WV 25276. I have a form that has to be filled out and sent in with each check. 3. Online Donations Page- I have an online donations page link on the right side of this blog. Simply click the link, and you can donate online.

Friday, June 10, 2011

Day 71: Pain, Pain, and a Little More Pain.

What another beautiful day it was today!! 85 degrees with a nice breeze again. It is the epitomy of perfect running weather as far as I am concerned. I had lots of energy, and my body felt great. That is all but one part. It's very unfortunate that I couldn't enjoy the run today, because all I could think of was the severe pain shooting out of my right hip with each step. The injury is showing promise though, because it didn't hurt any worse today than it did yesterday, haha. Maybe it will begin to hurt less and less the next 2 days. I will have a very optimistic outlook on the next couple days no matter the injury. It has happened before on this trip, and it went away with a little time, and a couple rest days. I hope that is the case again this time, and I also hope this is the last time I have to deal with hip problems on this trip.
Very early tomorrow, as in the first 4 miles, I will cross into Oklahoma!! That's gonna be 4 states down, only 7 left on the trip!! I really like Texas, even though I haven't gotten to spend much time here. Maybe someday I will come back and run across the middle part, haha!! Or maybe I'll just drive next time and visit.
We drove on in to Guymon, OK tonight, even though I am about 24 miles short of here on the run. We are taking full advantage of all of Martha White's hard work for our benefit. She got us a couple nights at the Ambassador Inn hotel, which is a great room (and the shower is unreal!!). She also has us a couple nights at a Bed & Breakfast run by her relatives here. So, we will be living the life of luxury for the next 4 nights in Guymon. Thank you so much Martha!! Also, I forgot to mention, I needed to give a huge thank you to Greg and Cathy Smith from the First Christian Church in Stratford, TX, for opening their home to me so I could get a nice shower last night. Wonderful people continue to bless Mom and me on this trip. It is such a great feeling!! Gonna relax the rest of the evening, rehab my hip a bit, and watch the rest of Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Finals. First TV I've had for a long time, haha. Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment