email: dmrun2hot@gmail.com Facebook: DrewMiller TheLongroadhome Ways to Donate: 1. Cash- I have an account set up at FNB in Spencer for cash donations. Just tell the teller it's for Andrew Miller's WWP account. 2.Checks- Make checks out to the Wounded Warrior Project and either give them to my dad or sister in town, or mail them to 527 Church St., Spencer, WV 25276. I have a form that has to be filled out and sent in with each check. 3. Online Donations Page- I have an online donations page link on the right side of this blog. Simply click the link, and you can donate online.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 80: It Was a Good Day to Have a Good Day.

Well, it was another scorcher today with temperatures nearing 105 again. However, having just come off a rest day, I was expecting to feel pretty good. Turns out, I felt better than good. I barely even felt the heat. Everything felt good, really good. It was as close to runner's euphoria as I have come this whole trip. Felt so good actually, that I ran 5 mile sets for the first 2 sets. Having only 6 miles to run in the afternoon was awesome, although, I don't know how many times I'll be able to manage that. The playlist on my IPod was even fantastic today. I basically just relaxed and enjoyed some good music while running. That is now 5 days in a row, and the streak of 7 is in jeopardy, haha. Hoping for another wonderful run tomorrow, and the weather is supposed to cool off the next few days.
Yesterday was a wonderful rest day. We drove up to Dodge City and hung out. I got to take a quick walk in the evening, and got some cool pictures, my favorite was a bronze statue of Wyatt Earp, who was the legendary lawman in Dodge City. Got some great news last night too!! Talked to Dad and my sister and found out they are coming out to meet us on July 5th, near Fort Scott, KS, on the border of Missouri! I can't wait to see them, and Elliot said she is going to run with me some as well. So, I have something to really look forward to in a couple of weeks.
Made it to about 5 miles short of Bucklin, KS today. We drove into the town, hoping to find some food and a place to camp. We stopped at the Bucklin Cafe and C Store, and although the cafe was technically closed for the day, Cindy opened up for us to eat. Absolutely wonderful people here. Met Paul Harnish, his wife, Sonia, and their daughter Karlie and really enjoyed getting to talk to them. They donated to the cause. They pointed us to a campground nearby run by family. We got to Fluff's Campground run by Fred and Fluff Felkins, met Fluff, who is another remarkable lady. She comp'd us a night here, and even donated to the cause on top of that!! We also received donations at lunch today from Laurie Hawkins and Jeanette Smith, who read the signs on the van, and came over to donate. We were very blessed with donations today, and I was very blessed with a great run. I could really get used to days like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment