email: dmrun2hot@gmail.com Facebook: DrewMiller TheLongroadhome Ways to Donate: 1. Cash- I have an account set up at FNB in Spencer for cash donations. Just tell the teller it's for Andrew Miller's WWP account. 2.Checks- Make checks out to the Wounded Warrior Project and either give them to my dad or sister in town, or mail them to 527 Church St., Spencer, WV 25276. I have a form that has to be filled out and sent in with each check. 3. Online Donations Page- I have an online donations page link on the right side of this blog. Simply click the link, and you can donate online.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 91: Up Early and Out.

Well, it was miserably hot again today. I'm very thankful I got up early and started running. Got 20 miles in this morning and called it a day. Definitely trying to be very smart about not draining all my energy during the nasty weather. Temperatures reached about 105 today, so finishing by 1pm was a great thing. We came back to the hotel and just relaxed all afternoon. I hibernated actually. Just woke up and I hope I can get back to sleep tonight. Gotta get another early start tomorrow, it is supposed to be near 105 again tomorrow. I'm getting very excited to see Dad and Elliot. They will be out on July 5th. By then, I should be very close to the Missouri border. Last day in June today, WOW!! I can't believe we've been out on the road for 3 full months now. Only 1 1/2 months remaining! It's getting closer everyday, and I get more excited everyday. It is so hard to control the excitement, but I know I have to or I'll go crazy thinking about it. Just trying to focus on each day's run. Still, I can't wait to see that West Virginia State line.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you get a break in the heat, Drew. Stay positive, stay focused, and run for these hills, young man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know every time I drive back to WV thats my mental marker,The WV state line.Once I cross that I really get giddy an anxious.Gotta hold back on the pedal and just wait it out.It won't be long now

    ReplyDelete