email: dmrun2hot@gmail.com Facebook: DrewMiller TheLongroadhome Ways to Donate: 1. Cash- I have an account set up at FNB in Spencer for cash donations. Just tell the teller it's for Andrew Miller's WWP account. 2.Checks- Make checks out to the Wounded Warrior Project and either give them to my dad or sister in town, or mail them to 527 Church St., Spencer, WV 25276. I have a form that has to be filled out and sent in with each check. 3. Online Donations Page- I have an online donations page link on the right side of this blog. Simply click the link, and you can donate online.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day 77: Kansas is Hot!!

106 degrees today. That's right, 106. I've made the argument with Mom that by the time it gets up into the hundreds, it's nearly impossible to tell the difference between 102 and 106, cause it's  just so hot it doesn't matter, haha. Mom heard on the radio station today that this is the hottest it has been in mid-June where we are since 1953. Glad I could be around for some record breakers, haha. After only about 30 minutes of actual sleep last night, I wasn't looking for much out of today. I was just hoping to drag my tired body along the road. Actually though, even with no sleep and 106 degree temps, I still felt pretty good throughout the day. Good enough to call it 3 in a row!! Still gunning for the current record of 7 good runs in a row. One good thing about Kansas is the fact that there is a town nearly every 20 miles along Route 54, so I have an actual place to look forward to running to every day. Much better than the 6 day stretches in the desert where I was just looking forward to getting to the next cactus. It almost rained on me this afternoon, almost. I still can't believe I've made it 60 straight running days with no rain. Although, as hot as it is getting, I really wouldn't mind being cooled off by some precipitation. Got a sweet deal at the Moon Mist Motel in Meade, Kansas tonight. Huge thank you to Dave and his wife for helping us out on the road here. It will be wonderful to get a nice shower, some AC, and a little TV for the evening. It will definitely beat the sound of a grain silo and train whistles every 30 minutes. Guaranteed I will sleep better tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment