email: dmrun2hot@gmail.com Facebook: DrewMiller TheLongroadhome Ways to Donate: 1. Cash- I have an account set up at FNB in Spencer for cash donations. Just tell the teller it's for Andrew Miller's WWP account. 2.Checks- Make checks out to the Wounded Warrior Project and either give them to my dad or sister in town, or mail them to 527 Church St., Spencer, WV 25276. I have a form that has to be filled out and sent in with each check. 3. Online Donations Page- I have an online donations page link on the right side of this blog. Simply click the link, and you can donate online.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 75: Back on Track.

First off, I want to thank Marcus for running with me to finish the day today. It was a very welcome surprise!! Also, a huge thanks to Nancy Hittle from the Western Star RV Ranch for comping us a night tonight, and for letting me grab a shower. I think I am developing an unhealthy obsession with showers now, haha. Secondly, I crossed into Kansas at the end of the run today!! Woohoo!! 5 states down, 6 to go.It's too bad I am running across the country right now, or I would have been out on the golf course today. Wow, what a beautiful day!! 85 and sunny, with a nice breeze. It was the kind of day that seems to be my ideal running weather. I had a few days like that on the last set of four, but I felt so miserable, I couldn't enjoy them at all. I am so glad there were more days like that to come, and I definitely enjoyed this one. If you read my blogs from the last 2 days of the last set, you know how exhausted I was. I have found that it is not good for my mind to end a set on a bad run, because I tend to stress and worry the entire day off about recovering enough. I have to say, as much rest as I knew I was getting yesterday, it still didn't calm my nerves about the run today. I was so nervous that I hadn't gotten my battery recharged well enough, and that I might struggle through another four day set. My fears were silenced very early today. As soon as the run began, I felt wonderful. Almost as good as I have felt on any run so far. The momentum carried throughout the day, and at the end, I found myself not very tired at all. What a huge relief!! I do believe that struggling through, and pushing through the worst of times, really opens my eyes now to just how good the good times feel. It feels so good to be able to move these days. I remember well just months ago, when moving at all wasn't rewarding, hell, it was a chore. Its still very hard for me to get over the shame I feel from the past 6 years of basic inactivity, but days like today really help. There is such a great rush that comes from being active, it always makes me wonder how in the world I let it go for so long. Ehh, trying very hard to put the past in the past during this journey. It's still a long process, but I've got time to work on it still. For now, I will just sit back and relax, and soak in this wonderful feeling from today, and hope that it comes again many times the rest of the way.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! So very proud of you, Drew - of the success to-date of your physical journey and more so of the progress you've made in coming to terms with and realizing who you are, what you can do, your purpose in life, your belief in yourself and the power of God that provides all that you need and sustains through good and bad days. Stand tall and run well!

    ReplyDelete