email: dmrun2hot@gmail.com Facebook: DrewMiller TheLongroadhome Ways to Donate: 1. Cash- I have an account set up at FNB in Spencer for cash donations. Just tell the teller it's for Andrew Miller's WWP account. 2.Checks- Make checks out to the Wounded Warrior Project and either give them to my dad or sister in town, or mail them to 527 Church St., Spencer, WV 25276. I have a form that has to be filled out and sent in with each check. 3. Online Donations Page- I have an online donations page link on the right side of this blog. Simply click the link, and you can donate online.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Day 100: 5 a.m. Comes Early.

Wow, I forgot what it was like to get up at 5am and exercise. I remembered very quickly that I don't like it. Not so much the actual running itself, just the dragging myself out of this incredibly comfortable bed. I've really been spoiled rotten these past few weeks with Lakehouses and hotel rooms, AC and TVs. It'll be mighty tough to go back to cold canned food and crawling into the back of the van to sleep again. My sister and I may have made a slight tactical error yesterday when we decided to both drink coffee at about 8pm. As fun as it was to annoy Mom and Dad with our crazy ramblings, we both only got about 2 hours of sleep. surprisingly, the run was fine today. The weather cooperated, and I felt good. Of course, the good weather will be short lived, as there is an Extreme Heat Advisory in effect for tomorrow through Monday evening. Temperatures are expected to reach 110 with high humidity. I'm looking forward to hallucinating for the next couple days, since I've never done acid, haha. It is the kind of heat that separates the men from the boys, the weak from the lame, the awkwardly feminine from the possibly Canadian. And, if I'm not careful, it will separate my mind from reality. We are going to try to start running by 6am tomorrow in order to avoid the sick and twisted joke that is this weather. It's the kind of heat that makes me violent, not that I could do anything about it. Ehh, enough about the weather, how 'bout Derek Jeter!! 3,000 hits, and on a homerun to boot. Enjoying listening to Elliot and Dad argue over Dad's terrible TV watching habits. It's as if he is angry at the remote control, so he has to keep hitting it. I've only caught glimpses of golf, The Wedding Planner, Diners Drive-ins and Dives, CSPAN, etc. There are more stations, but we didn't have time to see what they were. Moxie is in dog utopia right now. She is currently sprinting up and down the hallways of the hotel to the delight of the children staying here. I've really enjoyed having the whole family here for the past few days. It has done wonders for my mental stability, which at times in my life has been quite suspect, haha. I think it is just what I needed to help me make the final push home. Gonna go chill with the family now, and punch my sister in the face a few times. I'll post videos later if it gets out of hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment