email: dmrun2hot@gmail.com Facebook: DrewMiller TheLongroadhome Ways to Donate: 1. Cash- I have an account set up at FNB in Spencer for cash donations. Just tell the teller it's for Andrew Miller's WWP account. 2.Checks- Make checks out to the Wounded Warrior Project and either give them to my dad or sister in town, or mail them to 527 Church St., Spencer, WV 25276. I have a form that has to be filled out and sent in with each check. 3. Online Donations Page- I have an online donations page link on the right side of this blog. Simply click the link, and you can donate online.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day 118: Hello Illinois!!


Wahoo!! Finally, another state!! Although the insane heat and humidity has taken most of the energy out of me, crossing the Mississippi River today and seeing the sign for Illinois was a very welcome boost to my emotional state. When I look back on the journey and I think about Missouri, I will definitely have mixed emotions about my time there. As with all of the other states, the people were so wonderful. However, as far as the running is concerned, it was some of the most miserable I've experienced. I guess it's not really fair to Missouri because, even though Illinois may be just as bad, it's only 5 running days long, haha. I am incredibly exhausted, but that has basically become the norm for me the past 5 weeks. I'm actually getting used to being dead on my feet. It's probably good training for having children, if ever I'm lucky enough to do that. As you can all tell, my spirits are very high right now. Crossing the Mississippi River, I now feel like I am on the final push of the trip. 1,860 miles finished, about 500 remaining. Can't wait to see you all soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment