email: dmrun2hot@gmail.com Facebook: DrewMiller TheLongroadhome Ways to Donate: 1. Cash- I have an account set up at FNB in Spencer for cash donations. Just tell the teller it's for Andrew Miller's WWP account. 2.Checks- Make checks out to the Wounded Warrior Project and either give them to my dad or sister in town, or mail them to 527 Church St., Spencer, WV 25276. I have a form that has to be filled out and sent in with each check. 3. Online Donations Page- I have an online donations page link on the right side of this blog. Simply click the link, and you can donate online.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day 105: Kindness in Waves.

We continue to be humbled and amazed by the incredible kindness of strangers on this journey. As you can see by Mom's pictures below, we are "cooped up" at a golf cottage along the golf course at Old Kinderhook Resort. I can't thank Blake Conklin, Director of Lodging, enough for his generous donation to our trip. The only problem with staying here is that we have to leave in the morning, haha. I could really get used to hanging out right off the fairway of a championship golf course, and dining in luxury as we did tonight at the Trophy Room Restaurant. I guess I'm just going to have to figure out a way to get rich when I get home so I can come back and stay for a while. This stay is just one example in a long list of wonderful moments that have occured along the way, and it reaffirms my faith in the goodness of people. There are so many wonderful people across this country, and it seems like we have encountered all of them. They have made this trip something almost surreal for me.
I also got to talk to Kim and Dana Camp this evening, as well as many others who were out at the shop for the WV State Hog Rally this week. It is always nice to be able to talk to my friends back home, although it makes me want to run faster to get there. They have a big tip jar set out for me and they are taking donations for the Wounded Warrior Project. If you get a chance, stop at Hawg Wild Creations in Penial and hang out for a while. Feel free to throw some money in the jar while you are there, haha.
As far as the run today, things went pretty well. I had some cloud cover most of the time, which gave me relief from the ridiculous heat that has plagued the last 4 weeks of the trip. The temperatures are expected to rise this next week though, so I'm going to have to grind it out for a while. At least I have had some wonderful views as I run through the Ozarks of Missouri. I'll take what I can get as a positive right now. I'd better get some rest now. Gotta do it all again in the morning. Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment