email: dmrun2hot@gmail.com Facebook: DrewMiller TheLongroadhome Ways to Donate: 1. Cash- I have an account set up at FNB in Spencer for cash donations. Just tell the teller it's for Andrew Miller's WWP account. 2.Checks- Make checks out to the Wounded Warrior Project and either give them to my dad or sister in town, or mail them to 527 Church St., Spencer, WV 25276. I have a form that has to be filled out and sent in with each check. 3. Online Donations Page- I have an online donations page link on the right side of this blog. Simply click the link, and you can donate online.

Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 102: Holy Heatwave Batman!!

Deceptively, the shade says cool, but it just can't compete with the sun and humid conditions!

Another deceptively cool-looking spot between El Dorado Springs and Weaubleau
Well, I fought the heat and the heat won. Unanimously. Wasn't even a fair fight. I got started around 6:30 this morning, just as I had the last 2 mornings. The difference today was that the heat began about 7am, and never let up. I barely finished 15 miles before calling it an early day. The heat index today is at a brisk 110 degrees. I'm not at all worried about the 5 miles I didn't get today, I'll just pick those up on my day off. I am really surprised I was able to get 15 today. Just hoping I can get all 20 in tomorrow. I may attempt to get an earlier start tomorrow, like 5am. That goes against everything I know, getting up that early. But, in order to survive this unprecedented heatwave, I must adapt. On a sidenote, no hallucinations yet, but I'll keep you all posted as the heat produces them, haha. I'm already missing Dad and Elliot (Moxie too) and they just left this morning. Could've really used Elliot's support on the road today. Oh well, time to put the big boy pants back on and chug along. Still very excited about getting closer to home every day. We drove into Wheatland, MO, after the run today, and found a nice hotel room. I continue to be spoiled, haha. I don't know what I'm going to do when I have to go back to sleeping in the humid weather in the van soon. Got some excellent grub at Bobbie's Cafe as well. Met some cool people there. Gave the waitress a business card (she was really cute, in case she reads this, haha). All else is well out here in Missouri. Hoping for a break from the intense heat sometime in the next 2 weeks. Time to rest and recover. Later.

1 comment:

  1. Rest well, Andrew! Keep up the good work, and take care in the heat. Rooting for you all the way!!!

    ReplyDelete