email: dmrun2hot@gmail.com Facebook: DrewMiller TheLongroadhome Ways to Donate: 1. Cash- I have an account set up at FNB in Spencer for cash donations. Just tell the teller it's for Andrew Miller's WWP account. 2.Checks- Make checks out to the Wounded Warrior Project and either give them to my dad or sister in town, or mail them to 527 Church St., Spencer, WV 25276. I have a form that has to be filled out and sent in with each check. 3. Online Donations Page- I have an online donations page link on the right side of this blog. Simply click the link, and you can donate online.

Monday, July 25, 2011

Day 116: A Little Relief.

Well, it was only about 95 today, haha. Although it sounds like a small difference, it was quite welcome. So was the steady breeze for the last 10 miles of the run. Also, the extra shading from the trees helped. It all added up to an almost tolerable day of running. For the first time in about 5 weeks I didn't feel like I was going to die at the end of the run. Of course, the intense heat is set to return tomorrow for another week or so. Still, I'm feeling very good about today, and I am increasingly excited about reaching a new state. Only 2 more days!!
Today is my Dad's birthday, so I want to wish him a Happy Birthday here as well as on the phone. I really miss Dad, even though we got to see him just a few weeks ago. Lost in the sacrifice that Mom is making on this trip, is the sacrifice Dad is making. I've taken his wife away from him for 5 months, and he is basically footing the bill for this trip. It goes without saying that he is one of the best men I know. I have really missed getting to hang out with Dad during this trip. I miss golfing with him, and our family trips to eat at the Country Table on Sundays after church. I guess I'm just missing being home. I got a call from Antwan this evening at Hedges' apartment where they were having a going away party for Mike Snyder. It was great to hear from everyone, but it makes me sad to think of all the things I've missed during this run. I think I'm to the point in the trip where I am just ready to get home. Maybe it is partly because of how miserable the last 5 weeks have been on my mind and body. Really trying to take it one day at a time and trying to appreciate the journey, but it has been very difficult in this extreme heat. I know in my heart that it will all have been worth the struggle, when I set my feet on the courthouse lawn. So I continue to move forward, one foot in front of the other, 20 miles each day, until I am home.

No comments:

Post a Comment