email: dmrun2hot@gmail.com Facebook: DrewMiller TheLongroadhome Ways to Donate: 1. Cash- I have an account set up at FNB in Spencer for cash donations. Just tell the teller it's for Andrew Miller's WWP account. 2.Checks- Make checks out to the Wounded Warrior Project and either give them to my dad or sister in town, or mail them to 527 Church St., Spencer, WV 25276. I have a form that has to be filled out and sent in with each check. 3. Online Donations Page- I have an online donations page link on the right side of this blog. Simply click the link, and you can donate online.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 97: Hooray for Rain!!

Okay, so it was more of a light sprinkle today, but I'm counting it as the first rain of the trip. The clouds covered the sun, and the cool wind was blowing; it felt like about 75 degrees for the entire run. It was a much needed break from the heat I'd been running in for the past 3 weeks. The best part about the run today was having my sister here to run some with me. She ran the first 10 miles, and it just flew by. It really took my mind off the run, and kept my mind occupied so I couldn't think of anything negative. All in all, it was a great day for me. Tomorrow is my last run in Kansas. I will definitely miss this state, the people have been wonderful. Even though the heat has been nearly unbearable most of the way through the state, I've had a great experience here. Looking forward to seeing that Missouri state line though. Elliot is gonna run some with me again tomorrow, which will be great. Hopefully the weather cooperates for one more day. Rest day on Friday, when I'm sure Elliot and I will drink lots of coffee and annoy Mom and Dad. Good stuff.
Drew and Elliot's first 10 miles together on route 54 toward Ft. Scott, Kansas

Moxie sniffing the roadside flowers while assisting the road crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment