email: dmrun2hot@gmail.com Facebook: DrewMiller TheLongroadhome Ways to Donate: 1. Cash- I have an account set up at FNB in Spencer for cash donations. Just tell the teller it's for Andrew Miller's WWP account. 2.Checks- Make checks out to the Wounded Warrior Project and either give them to my dad or sister in town, or mail them to 527 Church St., Spencer, WV 25276. I have a form that has to be filled out and sent in with each check. 3. Online Donations Page- I have an online donations page link on the right side of this blog. Simply click the link, and you can donate online.

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Day 121: Back to Normal.

It's amazing what passes for normal in my life right now. Normal for the past 5 weeks or so is hot, humid weather with no breezes and pure misery. I spoke way too soon last night after having just 1 day of feeling good with a slight break in humidity. The humidity today was hovering around 97%. By 8am, the temperature was 91 degrees. I struggled to breathe all day, but especially the first 10 miles of the day. It almost felt like trying to breathe under water. I couldn't catch my breath, and the lack of oxygen to my muscles seemed to wreck my legs. I am once again exhausted, and now my legs are aching. Even though I am on the last leg of this journey, each day continues to be a tremendous struggle, and a relentless assault on my physical and mental state. Still trying to be positive about each day. This weather is making me insane though. At least I am still mobile, and still getting my 20 miles a day finished, however miserable it may be. I continue to remind myself that this entire journey is for a higher cause than my own personal comfort, and that all of the hardship will be worth it in the end. Still, it would be nice if the weather would just lay off it for a few days, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment