email: dmrun2hot@gmail.com Facebook: DrewMiller TheLongroadhome Ways to Donate: 1. Cash- I have an account set up at FNB in Spencer for cash donations. Just tell the teller it's for Andrew Miller's WWP account. 2.Checks- Make checks out to the Wounded Warrior Project and either give them to my dad or sister in town, or mail them to 527 Church St., Spencer, WV 25276. I have a form that has to be filled out and sent in with each check. 3. Online Donations Page- I have an online donations page link on the right side of this blog. Simply click the link, and you can donate online.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day 112: Fighting Hard.

Today was one of the hottest days I've had this entire trip. By about 7:30 this morning, the heat index was already at about 98 degrees. There was no relief from the heat today, no shade from trees, no cloud cover, no breeze. Just intense heat. It is incredibly frustrating to fight through. Although the heat is not something I can control, the mind still won't get off the subject. It's a constant fight within me, trying not to feel sorry for myself, or thinking how much easier this would be without the heatwave. Like I said, it isn't something I can control, so I am trying my best not to think about it every second I'm in it. I have very little energy these days. I am actually amazed that I continue to wake up each morning and punish my body like this. Dad always told me when I was younger, with regards to sports, that if I signed up for a sport, then I played the whole season, no matter what happened throughout. I am glad he taught me not to quit, even when times aren't so peachy. I guess it's one reason I refuse to quit. Still, this type of physical punishment is insane. I've never liked the cliche' "if it doesn't kill you, it'll make you stronger". But, somehow I can't get away from that thought on a daily basis right now. Let's just hope it's the latter of the two throughout the rest of the trip. I am very tired most of the time, but my spirits are still pretty high. I just keep thinking that the weather cannot get any worse, and if I've made it this long through the heat, it will have to get a little better at some point. At least I am hopeful that it will get better, haha. One more day tomorrow, and then I can rest for a day. The rest cannot come soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment