email: dmrun2hot@gmail.com Facebook: DrewMiller TheLongroadhome Ways to Donate: 1. Cash- I have an account set up at FNB in Spencer for cash donations. Just tell the teller it's for Andrew Miller's WWP account. 2.Checks- Make checks out to the Wounded Warrior Project and either give them to my dad or sister in town, or mail them to 527 Church St., Spencer, WV 25276. I have a form that has to be filled out and sent in with each check. 3. Online Donations Page- I have an online donations page link on the right side of this blog. Simply click the link, and you can donate online.

Friday, July 1, 2011

Day 92: Finished Early Again.

I could really get used to this finishing by 1pm stuff. Got 20 miles in before I stopped today. I was hellbent on running 25 all the way up to the van on the 20th mile because I felt really good today. I had to hold myself back again though, it was just way too hot to be pushing the limit. Besides, I can really push my body harder tomorrow since I have the following day off. The run today was very beautiful, as I am going through the Flint Hills. It is the first time I have seen green grass and trees covering the landscape in a long time!! I guess I have revised my schedule once again. Now, I have decided that I just need to get 25 miles in 2 out of the 4 days in each set. If I can stick with that schedule, I will gain 5 days back, and should be home right about August 20th. I just want to make sure I get enough days available in case I run into terrible weather a few days. Talked Mom into getting a hotel room in Eureka, KS. I ran about 5 miles past the town, so we are about 25 miles short of Yates Center, KS. I guess I've been spoiled the past week with the lakehouse and then the Super 8 Motel. I just know that my body has felt very good these past few running days, and I attribute that to the excellent rest I've gotten. So, I'm going to relax again for the rest of the day, and get prepared for 25 miles tomorrow. I am about 90 miles from the Missouri border right now, so I'll be hitting the new state in just a few days. Good stuff. Hopefully Missouri hasn't turned their thermostat to 1,000 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment