email: dmrun2hot@gmail.com Facebook: DrewMiller TheLongroadhome Ways to Donate: 1. Cash- I have an account set up at FNB in Spencer for cash donations. Just tell the teller it's for Andrew Miller's WWP account. 2.Checks- Make checks out to the Wounded Warrior Project and either give them to my dad or sister in town, or mail them to 527 Church St., Spencer, WV 25276. I have a form that has to be filled out and sent in with each check. 3. Online Donations Page- I have an online donations page link on the right side of this blog. Simply click the link, and you can donate online.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day 96: Times Are Tough.

Well, the heat got to me again today. Just too much to handle. I made it 15 miles before finally succumbing to the intense heat and humidity. Started getting a bad headache and was feeling really dizzy by the time I finished 15, so I knew it was time to call it a day. The combination of the relentlessness and consistency of the heat and humidity is taking its toll on me, both physically and mentally. I'm trying really hard to fight through it, but it would be nice to get at least one day when it wasn't 100+ degrees by 8am.  I just hope I will have recovered enough to get back on track tomorrow. One good thing about today is that I officially reached 1,500 miles.
The best part about today is that Dad and Elliot made it to see us!! This is exactly what I needed at this point in the trip. It's going to be wonderful having the whole family together for this week. Hopefully it will take my mind off of the heat a little, and keep me focused on the ultimate goal of the journey. Elliot is going to try to run with me a bit while she's here. It will be good to have the extra motivation, and I know she won't let me slack, haha. Gonna try to get some rest now. Wish me luck, its supposed to be another scorcher tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment