email: dmrun2hot@gmail.com Facebook: DrewMiller TheLongroadhome Ways to Donate: 1. Cash- I have an account set up at FNB in Spencer for cash donations. Just tell the teller it's for Andrew Miller's WWP account. 2.Checks- Make checks out to the Wounded Warrior Project and either give them to my dad or sister in town, or mail them to 527 Church St., Spencer, WV 25276. I have a form that has to be filled out and sent in with each check. 3. Online Donations Page- I have an online donations page link on the right side of this blog. Simply click the link, and you can donate online.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day 101: Still Fighting the Heat.

Getting up at 5am, as miserable as it is, is working so far. We successfully beat most of the heat today. It was great to have Elliot run with me for 15 miles out of the 20 today. Having her to talk to, and laugh with, just makes the run seem so much easier, and faster. Unfortunately, today was the last day I get that. Although I knew the day was coming, it still isn't fun thinking about Dad and my sister leaving. It seemed like such a short visit. I am so happy they could make it out to see us. It has done wonders for me mentally. It was just what I needed to recharge my mind and prepare for the last part of the trip. I find myself struggling so badly with trying not to think about getting home. I have obviously enjoyed this entire process, and I know I still have quite a ways to go, but it is very hard not to be excited about completing the journey. I am really going to have to focus my mind the next few days, because the temperatures are going to be in excess of 105-110 degrees. I will continue to get up and out very early to try to miss most of the severe weather, and hopefully my body continues to recover enough to make 20 miles a day. It is just another test of strength and mental and physical toughness, like many others I've had the past 3+ months. I don't fear the heat, and I welcome the next challenge with excitement. Besides, it's the only way to get home. One foot in front of the other, each day, for 20 miles until I see the courthouse lawn in Spencer.

1 comment:

  1. It's The Dream,The Cause,The Commitment,The Struggle,The Victory .It will go by faster now.Take the time to enjoy the rest of the journey.Soon all you will be doing is talking about it.Hopefully at one of our conferences.You are a Winner

    ReplyDelete