email: dmrun2hot@gmail.com Facebook: DrewMiller TheLongroadhome Ways to Donate: 1. Cash- I have an account set up at FNB in Spencer for cash donations. Just tell the teller it's for Andrew Miller's WWP account. 2.Checks- Make checks out to the Wounded Warrior Project and either give them to my dad or sister in town, or mail them to 527 Church St., Spencer, WV 25276. I have a form that has to be filled out and sent in with each check. 3. Online Donations Page- I have an online donations page link on the right side of this blog. Simply click the link, and you can donate online.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

100 Miles No Facilities--Mom's View

Early in the 100 miles w/o facilities we come to this tribute to our fighting forces--truck, Iwo Jima facsimile, and MIA flag.

View from lunch site.

About 4 miles left in run for today.

Eastern view from stopping point.

Western view from stopping point 4-9-11,  desert east of Twentynine Palms, CA.
The van is rear wheel drive and after the lunch break I had to back up to get on the road. No more pulling over on the shoulder despite the appearance of solid surface!  Also, it is obvious I am no photographer (Brenda Fisher brought her camera down just before we left and said I would be sorry if I didn't have any pictures to remember the trip)--should have brought her along with the camera. I do love the way the light constantly changes in the desert and even with my feeble attempts you can see that in the different ways the sky appears in the photos.                                                                      

1 comment: