email: dmrun2hot@gmail.com Facebook: DrewMiller TheLongroadhome Ways to Donate: 1. Cash- I have an account set up at FNB in Spencer for cash donations. Just tell the teller it's for Andrew Miller's WWP account. 2.Checks- Make checks out to the Wounded Warrior Project and either give them to my dad or sister in town, or mail them to 527 Church St., Spencer, WV 25276. I have a form that has to be filled out and sent in with each check. 3. Online Donations Page- I have an online donations page link on the right side of this blog. Simply click the link, and you can donate online.

Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 1 complete!!

Hey everyone, finally have a chance to sit down and type a bit before I nod off to sleepsville. The Long Road Home officially began at 9:45am on the Belmont pier this morning. There was one photo-journalist from the Long Beach Press Telegram there for the kickoff. Story will be out in their papers tomorrow, which is cool. I am running each day in honor or memory of a person, couple, or group that has impacted my life. Obviously, my first day was dedicated to Mom, because, without her, this would not be. Although, I think she was more nervous and wired this morning than I was. I was just ready to start running. Got to meet the Executive Officer of the Seal Beach Naval Weapons Station, and got him on camera. After the interview, he presented me with an official patch, and the Executive Officer's Coin, which was quite unexpected, and a wonderful honor. After day 1, my body is definitely feeling the effects of the stress I just put on it, but I'll manage. Tomorrow is day 2, and that will tell me more about how my body is going to recouperate daily. Pretty tired now, think I'll go check for holes in my eyelids.

3 comments:

  1. Rest well, Andrew!! Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw the photos from the Long Beach paper, Drew. Two thumbs up for you and Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drew,

    I've been reading all you posts!!! Very touching and I completely understand what you are doing! I wish you the best! You and your family have always been very nice to me...and that means a lot. I try to post your posts to all my friends and that is something everyone should do! Everyone needs to know what you are doing!!! God bless ya buddy! Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete