email: dmrun2hot@gmail.com Facebook: DrewMiller TheLongroadhome Ways to Donate: 1. Cash- I have an account set up at FNB in Spencer for cash donations. Just tell the teller it's for Andrew Miller's WWP account. 2.Checks- Make checks out to the Wounded Warrior Project and either give them to my dad or sister in town, or mail them to 527 Church St., Spencer, WV 25276. I have a form that has to be filled out and sent in with each check. 3. Online Donations Page- I have an online donations page link on the right side of this blog. Simply click the link, and you can donate online.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day 26: Good to be back on the road.

After my first two day break, I finally got back on the road today, running from just south of Luke Air Force Base through northern Phoenix. I was excited to get back to running, because I was starting to get very restless yesterday. Also, I had company on my morning 12 miles today. Matt Peterson, on of the EMT's we met in Morristown, decided to run with me today. Matt and his wife opened their home to Mom and me for Easter dinner on Sunday. What a great family. Matt just started running regularly about a month ago, and up until today, his longest run was 6 miles. He said he likes to challenge himself, and he did just that today. He challenged himself, and he succeded amazingly, smashing his previous best by 6.1 miles in completing the 12.1 mile morning run. For me, it was wonderful to have some company while running. I enjoy my music, but sometimes it's nice to have someone to talk to.
My body responded very well after the 2-day layoff. Everything felt pretty good, and energy was high. The morning 12 seemed to fly by. The weather was great today. I did find today that I much prefer to run on asphalt compared to concrete. I was on concrete sidewalks most of the day, and I can definitely feel it in my ankles, hips and calves. No worries though, I'm only running one more day before I get 2 more off. I better not get used to this schedule though. Adam is flying in on Thursday afternoon, and I am excited to get to hang out with him. It should make tomorrow's run a little easier, knowing I have another extended break. It is nice to feel like my body is starting to recover more rapidly, and not hurting as much during the runs. It has me quite excited for the rest of this journey.
I was running for my friend Justin Cooper today, so I did a lot of reminiscing during the run. I had a lot of fun hanging out with Justin and playing music. I was also fortunate that he asked me to be in his wedding, as well as perform a song for him and Desiree. It is so wonderful seeing my friends happy. Seeing them find their soulmates. Seeing them find their calling. For those who don't know, Justin got the call to ministry a few years back. He is doing such great things and it makes me so proud to have him as a friend.
Tonight, we are staying with my cousin, Chrissy, and her husband Tony. I am glad to get the chance to hang out with them for a couple days, since I haven't had much of a chance to see them in the past. They are awesome for letting us stay with them too, and letting me shower!! Like I said before, it's the little things I am really appreciating on this journey. Hopefully tomorrow is as nice as today has been. We'll be in Mesa at the end of tomorrow, where we get to meet Tony and Chrissy at the Waffle House!! I am seriously gonna' gorge myself at the end of tomorrow's run. And I'm not gonna' feel a bit bad about it, haha. Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment