email: dmrun2hot@gmail.com Facebook: DrewMiller TheLongroadhome Ways to Donate: 1. Cash- I have an account set up at FNB in Spencer for cash donations. Just tell the teller it's for Andrew Miller's WWP account. 2.Checks- Make checks out to the Wounded Warrior Project and either give them to my dad or sister in town, or mail them to 527 Church St., Spencer, WV 25276. I have a form that has to be filled out and sent in with each check. 3. Online Donations Page- I have an online donations page link on the right side of this blog. Simply click the link, and you can donate online.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 4: A Peaceful Run

I should have known after dedicating this day of running to my grandparents, Pa and Barbara Kincaid, that it would be a very peaceful run. That is not to say the run was easy, just peaceful. The day seemed to just fly by as I ran, and suddenly I was finished. the whole day I felt as if Pa and Barbara had placed this invisible bubble around me that protected me from, well everything. I never once felt discouraged in my mind today. My body never really did seem to ache at all, other than a short 2 mile stretch when I tied my right shoe too tight after a break and cause my foot to cramp. Even the stiff wind blowing directly into my face the entire run didn't really affect me. I just trotted along as if I were out for a leisurly stroll, without a care in the world. I can only guess that the invisible shield was Pa and Barbara wrapping me in their arms and protecting me from all the bad, all the negative, all the struggling, just as they had always tried to do. Their life was their family, and protecting and loving the family was, and still is, their full-time job. I thought alot about them during the run, which I guess is why it went by so fast. Even now, as I am finished for the day, my body doesn't hurt quite as badly, and my mind is still clear, sharp, and focused on the task at hand. Sending up a big thank you, and love, to Pa and Barbara for making today special.
Today's run completed my first 4-day stretch, so I have my first rest day tomorrow. Looking forward to taking full advantage and relaxing. Got a craving for Dennys Restaurant so I may hit that up for breakfast tomorrow. It's quite nice not to worry too much about calorie intake, since I'm burning probably 2,500 just during my run. We stopped at a KOA campground for the night, but we are still gonna stay in the back of the van. I'm kinda gatting used to the van bed. Might have to see if the Kincaids would be looking to trade vehicles permanently after this trip is over, haha. Mom did awesome, as usual, fixing me some good grub for dinner. She had to go klepto on some electric from the RV campers a couple spots down, and fixed dinner while I sat on my butt watching the National Championship game on the laptop. Man, I never knew my mother to have the patience of a saint, but after dealing with me for 5 months on this trip, I believe I am going to nominate her for Sainthood. I love all the support I am getting back home, and it really does lift my spirits to hear from everyone thru facebook and the blog, so keep 'em coming and I'll try to respond to all that I can. That's all for now. Gotta grab a shower and hit the van bed up to check for holes in my eyelids. Goodnight all.

2 comments:

  1. Andrew, it made me smile when I read your description of your run today; I could just picture your grandparents right there alongside you, loving you and encouraging you each step of the way. You have such a huge "well" of resources and support to draw on in all your family (past and present), true friends, and God - who are all there for you in every season, good times and bad, to help you in any way; to catch you if you fall; to cheer you on when you're working toward a goal; to encourage you; to protect you; to warn you; to chastise you; to celebrate with you your accomplishments and successes; and to love you. Just soak it all in today, rest your body, and open up your heart and mind, realizing you ARE becoming the man you were meant to be...

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job Drew....Keep up the good spirits and have a blessed day of rest. Look forward to seeing the next post.

    ReplyDelete