email: dmrun2hot@gmail.com Facebook: DrewMiller TheLongroadhome Ways to Donate: 1. Cash- I have an account set up at FNB in Spencer for cash donations. Just tell the teller it's for Andrew Miller's WWP account. 2.Checks- Make checks out to the Wounded Warrior Project and either give them to my dad or sister in town, or mail them to 527 Church St., Spencer, WV 25276. I have a form that has to be filled out and sent in with each check. 3. Online Donations Page- I have an online donations page link on the right side of this blog. Simply click the link, and you can donate online.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Hills suck!!

Haha, just kidding folks. Although I did encounter a 4 mile stretch that was straight uphill and seemed endless. The reward, however was the relaxing trip down the other side. My body was definitely feeling the effects of the first day's run. Pretty sore all over, but that is to be expected. It's gonna take a few weeks before my body adjusts to the stress I'm putting on it. Looking forward to that. Had a nagging cramp in my left calve that wouldn't seem to go away, no matter how many obscenities I yelled at it. Mom got out of the van and exercised a bit, which was good to see. Sitting in the van for 12 hours a day has to suck. And listening to me whine about aches, pains, and the gel packs I am trying to hold down daily probably gets old. We tried to stay at an RV park tonight, but apparently you have to actually have an RV to stay in those things. So it's a night in the Ritzy Target parking lot for us tonight, haha. At least they have security guys in golf carts roaming the lot for murderers and rapists. Hopefully they aren't looking for vagabonds in conversion vans running across the country. If so, I'm calling racial profiling on that one. Anyways, I am thorouly spent after today's run, so I'm gonna try and rest and recover as much as possible. Heading to the March Air Force Base tomorrow. Til then, nighty nite all.

2 comments:

  1. Drew I can't put into words how much you have inspired me! I have been following your journey an I am impressed by your actions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drew,
    I played ball with your future brother in law the other night, and my knees are killing me! I can't imagine the recovery on your running regime! Keep on keeping on!
    Bart

    ReplyDelete